[GRLUG] Any Linux + Oracle experts on the list?

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Sat Sep 27 11:46:36 EDT 2008

On Sat, 2008-09-27 at 08:38 -0400, John-Thomas Richards wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 06:41:19PM -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
> [snip]
> > And Informix
> > <http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/downloads/im/ids/dev.html>
> Informix is still around?

Yep;  we've been an Informix shop since about 1990.  We were considering
alternatives years ago, but then IBM bought out Informix Inc and thus
liberated the product from that pack of bumbling dweebs.  Informix is
doing *extremely* well these days with regular releases, loads of new
features, and tiny new customers like Verizon,

11.5 developer version is available for free to IIUG members;  it's an
amazing piece of tech.
<http://www.iiug.org/news/announcements/ids_11.5_download.php>  IIUG
membership is free.