[GRLUG] Introduction

John-Thomas Richards jtr at jrichards.org
Thu Sep 18 17:57:07 EDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 04:18:27PM -0400, Ben DeMott wrote:
> Hey everyone I just wanted to introduce myself - I hope this is the
> appropriate place to do it.
> My name is Ben Demott, I'm 23 yrs of age.
> I am an Engineer / Developer and passionate contributor to the *nix scene.
> I've lived in Grand Rapids for awhile now ... and just thought I would try

Yeah, but what's your *sign*?

(You'd be a true geek if you responded with your slashdot ID & number.)

> and expand my horizons and meet some cool people.

So you contacted your local Linux User Group?  :-)  Actually, there are
some cool people here.

> My current distro of choice is Fedora 9.
> In the past I have used Ubuntu and Slackware.

You're either bragging or complaining.

[snip]

> Glad to meet everyone, and sorry if I have spammed your mailing list or
> offended you in any way :)

Eh?  It's not like you top-posted.  :-)

Welcome to the list.
--