[GRLUG] one OS to rule them all

Tim Schmidt timschmidt at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 22:07:01 EDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 5:21 PM, Steve Romanow <slestak989 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry for top post.  Replying from phone.

Apology accepted. :)

> Does virt-manager require dom0 setup and reboot?  I have a remote server I want to use for virtualization, but I am deathly afraid im gonna lock myself out of this machine.

Virt-manager?  No.  It can use QEMU, which is capable of
userspace-only emulation.  KVM and KQEMU require a kernel configured
for their use, with appropriate kernel modules (most major
distributions ship both already).  Xen, of course, requires a Dom0
installation and reboot.  So you get to choose the level of
invasiveness.

--tim