[GRLUG] GRCC

Ben DeMott ben.demott at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 15:29:40 EDT 2008

>  This is pretty vague.  What do they want to do?  What are they
> interested in? etc....  A guy at barcamp said the GRCC computer club was
> essentially moribund as far as he knew (I attended GRCC back in the days
> of UUCP and Yggdrasil).

Well Eric's response was pretty vague, I think he was leaning on me to offer
more input --> Like
"Well what if we got together all of the Programming/Computer Science
Professors and had them mention a new meeting time to help bring the club to
life again"
I think he was maybe looking for suggestions on HOW I was willing to help
out with the computer club.
I guess my intention / goal was to make sure the computer club didn't die
--> Now that I am a "professional" I think its really good to give back and
talk about 'real experiences' to kids who are interested, heck I wish I
could have talked to my future self when I was 18.

I realize not everyone wants to volunteer their time, so I sent the board a
message to see if anyone else had talked about this before. It sounds like
you have, so maybe this is a dead end road.

I could send Eric a message back saying "We'd be interested in meeting on
GRCC's Campus at our usual meeting time of 6pm, to see how much interest
there was, and possibly coming up with strategies to get current students
involved in the club again"

I just haven't explored what benefits/relationship could be possible, thats
why I was asking if you guys had any idea how this could benefit us, but
either way, it sounds like Eric was open to ideas or dialogue.