[GRLUG] Does anyone know PBX - Asterisk

Bill Creswell billcreswell at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 11:46:53 EST 2008

I am on the board of a non-profit, Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services, and we
are moving to a new location.
I am not particularly familiar with phone systems or requirements, but I
have heard the costs may run into the tens of thousands of dollars, which we
don't have.

After reading this http://www.chayden.net/Asterisk/SeUpAsteriskAtHome.htm
I began to wonder what might be necessary to setup a decent system.

We do need voice for the receptionist, and a few employees, and the rest
will be using Video Phones which, as I recall, just run off the internet
service. So it would seem to me overkill, to spend large sums of money for a
few extensions. Therefore, it is possible that a smaller PBX system run off
Asterisk may do the trick.

Does anyone know about this stuff?

Is anyone willing to donate some time/knowledge, or discount some
"professional" installation?

Or even know a cheap way for a small non-profit to get phone service?

Thanks,

Bill

--
http://billcreswell.wordpress.com