[GRLUG] OFF TOPIC Electric Car

Dennis Kaminski djk at aiow.net
Wed Nov 19 11:18:42 EST 2008

On Wed, 2008-11-19 at 10:56 -0500, Casey DuBois wrote:
> I have dreamed of taking a car with a blown engine and building an
> electric car for a couple years.
> While talking with MM it seems that others share my dream.
> Who else in the GRLUG has interest or expertise to add?
> Does anyone know of any local groups that may be into electric cars?
>
> Casey DuBois
> 616-808-6942

Casey,

You may find the work of Johnathan Goodwin interesting. He's working on
an electric car for Neil Young. He has also improved fuel economy. He
has taken a Hummer from 300 horsepower at 8-12 mpg to 600 horsepower at
27 mpg.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVUIpLYsgIo&feature=related

Also worth notong, Toyota plans on releasing a plug-in Prius in 2010.
http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive/new_cars/4227944.html

Dennis Kaminski