[GRLUG] OFF TOPIC Electric Car

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 14:45:40 EST 2008

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 2:40 PM,  <Bill_Raterink at spartanstores.com> wrote:

> You are correct. And even if it costs as much or more than gasoline (per
> mile), it's STILL reusable & plentiful.  I googled  Air car -
> http://zeropollutionmotors.us/.
> Also, we don't have to purchase it from another country.

The problem with the air car is that you're *not* using air as a fuel,
you're using it as a kind of capacitor.  When you compress air, you're
storing energy in it, energy that the compressor gets from the wall
outlet.  zeropollutionmotors.us isn't telling you that the energy
that, nor are they telling you that the energy that comes out of the
wall comes from an electric plant most likely powered by coal.