[GRLUG] Text-based games

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 12:27:24 EST 2008

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 5:05 PM, David Pembrook <david at pembrook.net> wrote:
> Michael Mol wrote:
>> As I sit here waiting for Windows to decide whether or not it'll
>> install telnet, I thought I'd ask you folks a question.
>>
>> What are your fondest memories of text-based games?  Most of mine are
>> still accessible at telnet://bbs.grnet.com ...
>>

> oh we could all play some tradewars! That brings back memories.. Digger
> still running that?

I've arranged to have the TW2002 game reset this weekend, with the
options we specify (sector count, one-way warp frequency, ferengi
activity, Terra repopulation rate, etc.).  Anyone interested can drop
me an email off-list.  Anyone who doesn't already have an account can
create one at the login prompt, and email sysop at grnet.com to have it
activated.

This conversation is now going off-list, to avoid offtopic spamming. :-)