[GRLUG] Text-based games

Adam Tauno Williams adamtaunowilliams at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 17:08:50 EST 2008

On Mon, 2008-11-17 at 16:44 -0500, Michael Mol wrote:
> As I sit here waiting for Windows to decide whether or not it'll
> install telnet, I thought I'd ask you folks a question.
> What are your fondest memories of text-based games?  Most of mine are
> still accessible at telnet://bbs.grnet.com ...

AdventureLand on the Commodore VIC-20; then Pirates Cove.  Later I had
Zork I, II, & III on my Commodore 128 (in C-64 mode).  The 128 would
also play the CP/M versions of Crystal Caverns (name???) since it had a
[via dual-boot] Z80 processor;  there were lots of text based games for
CP/M machines.  [Ah, CP/M, when the quality of a man was determined by
his understanding of "pip".]