[GRLUG] Unix Term Emulator Connection

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 15:04:22 EST 2008

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 2:21 PM, Adam M. Erickson <adam at openfad.com> wrote:
> Telnet will connect, but the program  running on the Unix requires F4
> to escape and F7, to undo but they do not get sent to the server
> correctly. The backspace does not work also.

Does anyone know if your typical Linux telnet attempt to reconcile the
remote terminal type with the local termcaps?  I know it preserves
terminal size (row and column count) on properly-configured hosts.
Greg Folkert would probably be the one to know. (I know he uses ssh,
but that's not the point...the point is that he's been working with
Linux long enough to predate OpenSSH's popularity.)