[GRLUG] Comcast and blocking port 25 delivery

Don Wood dond at standalelumber.com
Wed Nov 12 14:53:28 EST 2008

Are you doing a straight delivery to port 25 from your Mail Client?

I was, now am doing an alternate port, with exactly the same restrictions.

IOW

Evolution local machine -->
	Port 25 on uno.gregfolkert.net -->
	regular scheduled delivery

Now its
Evolution local machine -->
	Alternate Port on uno.gregfolkert.net -->
	regular scheduled delivery

Because Comcast say they are being anti-spam proactive.

Whatever.

Yep, port 25 to my email server at work. I'm guessing it's going to end
someday though as I've been seeing here and there about Comcast blocking it.
What would be nice if they would at least allow customers to  authenticate
addresses to allow them to send email from their network. How do they expect
to do it otherwise? I think it's sbcglobal/yahoo that allows you to
authenticate to a different address.