[GRLUG] Netbook OS (was: The battle of the distros)

Jay.Hollinger at L-3com.com Jay.Hollinger at L-3com.com
Tue Nov 11 12:05:51 EST 2008

For what it's worth, I've been happy with Acer laptops, I had one of the
first (windoze) tablets that were out on the market and it was a great
little machine. I ended up purchasing an aspire for my wife (a flight
attendant) who beats on this thing endlessly. I honestly feel bad for
the laptop - but it's done great for about three years now with no
problems at all. I can't speak to hardware compatibility, but in the
case of the "one" or whatever it is... I'd assume that since they have
shipped it WITH Linux, it'll work pretty well.

Oh, and hi, I'm new to the list. Seen some great conversations so far,
and I've seen mention of lug meetings starting. Let me know, I'd be
greatly interested!

Thanks,

Jay