[GRLUG] Choice of MB - Trouble Installing

rh90p at comcast.net rh90p at comcast.net
Sat May 31 22:29:59 EDT 2008

All three run windows OK.  All three have run SuSE 9.3.  They all run Knoppix Live CD.  But the newer Linux's will not install correctly and the Fedora 9 Live CD doesn't run on the A8V Deluxe but I haven't tried it on the others.

I have another problem with the A8V Deluxe: I was running the SuSE 9.3 in SATA RAID but now RAID support was dropped since the 2.4 kernels (why?) but I cant get the BIOS to enter either the Promise or VIA RAID setup.

From: John J Foerch <jjfoerch at earthlink.net>