[GRLUG] Actiontec external modem

Joshua Hulst josh at hulst.ws
Tue May 20 23:22:03 EDT 2008

On Tuesday 20 May 2008 09:53:08 pm Jordan Hudson wrote:
> I have an Actiontec external dial-up  modem that I would like to use with
> Fedora Core 9. The model is EX560LKU. It used to work just fine with just
> about every Distro I tried, but I took a break from linux for a while
> (couple years) and now Ubuntu, Fedora, Mepis, none of it will find my
> modem. It can connect with either Serial Connection or USB. Any help is
> appreciated.

A quick search came up with this page,
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=24504&sid=4c2b271b0b616c7d6f3fa4dd49520fdb.

It also would know what you've tried so we don't duplicate effort and know how
far along you've gotten.  I would make sure the module listed in the linked
page is loaded.  If that doesn't work, make sure the modem shows up when you
enter in `lsusb` when it's connected by USB.  Also, look in dmesg for any
errors or information when you plug in the modem.

Josh