[GRLUG] FW: $849 - New IBM Thinkpad T61 Core 2 Duo Laptop 2.0GHz with DVD-R, WWAN, WiFi and Widescreen

Adam M. Erickson erickson.adam.m at gmail.com
Wed May 14 11:44:25 EDT 2008

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 3:43 PM, Casey DuBois <cdubois at n-vint.com> wrote:
> This is the FIRST time I've ever seen an IBM Loaded and Licensed with SUSE
> Linux Enterprise Version 10.
>

> I was thinking about getting one but wanted to ask the list for input.
>

> Is anyone else running SUSE 10 on a notebook?
>
> Have you had any issues?

Casey,

keep us updated on wither you end up getting it or not.

 I wasn't very impressed with openSUSE so I never chipped in the extra
money for SUSE (also I'm broke)

I agree with Greg F about using Debian instead. When I purchased HP
Pavilion last year I tried many free distributions and settled with
Ubuntu the only big I haven't bothered with is the built in WebCam.

Does SUSE have a good wireless manager so you can stay mobile?

--
Good Luck,

Adam M. Erickson
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.
-Isaac Newton"