[GRLUG] FW: $849 - New IBM Thinkpad T61 Core 2 Duo Laptop 2.0GHz with DVD-R, WWAN, WiFi and Widescreen

Tim Schmidt timschmidt at gmail.com
Wed May 14 09:43:36 EDT 2008

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 9:37 AM, john-thomas richards <jtr at jrichards.org> wrote:
>  Debian has been doing this for *years*.  Back in the XFree86 days the
>  Debian developers applied over 100,000 lines of code to the XFree
>  codebase to "debianize" it.

There's a reason Debian does so much work on XFree and X.org.  They're
the only ones who do absolutely any testing at all on architectures
other than x86.  If you've ever used X on a ppc, sparc, mips, sh, or
any other non-x86 machine, you've Debian, and their massive patch
load, to thank.

>  I do not think this instance reveals Debian to be any less secure
>  than it has been for the past decade.

I'd tend to agree.

--tim