[GRLUG] fax server

Adam Tauno Williams adamtaunowilliams at gmail.com
Mon May 12 19:23:06 EDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-05-12 at 18:18 -0400, Nick Suravaram wrote:

> Bill, What kind of hardware did you run Hylafax on?

We run HylaFAX on an ancient IBM Netfinity 4000R for ~250 users.  The
box has a Multitech ISI 8-port fax board;  certainly not the board you'd
buy today, but it works very well (hasn't required a reset in over a
year,  last outage was because of a failed UPS).

# uptime
7:20pm  up 498 days 22:00,  2 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.05, 0.01

External modems work as well so long as you get good ones,  but eight
external modems was rather bulky (the Multitech 1932z was what we used
before the fax board).