[GRLUG] AT&T's U-Verse is here in GR

john-thomas richards jtr at jrichards.org
Fri May 9 14:58:11 EDT 2008

I came home early today and discovered paper spam in my mailbox from
AT&T touting their U-Verse television & internet service.  The
television prices seem absurdly high ($59/mo for "up to 200" channels,
$79/mo for "up to 260" channels, and $99/mo for "up to" 320 channels).
The highest internet speed is $55/mo for "up to" 10Mbps downstream (per
AT&T's website, upload speed is "up to" 1.5Mbps.  That alone may their
internet service more valuable than Comcast's.

Have any of you heard from another first hand (relatives and/or friends
in other cities wherein U-Verse has been available) how well the
service is in reality?
--
john-thomas
------