[GRLUG] Joint Meeting :- GR-LUG and GR-JUG

Carlus Henry carlushenry at sagetech-llc.com
Thu May 8 11:57:20 EDT 2008

Hey everyone,

My name is Carlus Henry, and I have been lurking on your user group for a
very long time now.  :)

I am one of the administrators for the Grand Rapids Java User
Group<http://gr-jug.org/>.
Casey and I have been talking about having a joint meeting, between our
groups July 17th at Calvin College.  The GRJUG has been trying to reach out
to other local technical user groups in the area, in an interest to learn
more about them, and to form good relationships.

During our last conversation, Casey, Dave (also an administrator of the
GRJUG), were struggling to come up with a format for our meeting.  For the
most part, the format of the GRJUG meetings are more presentation style
oriented.

In the interest to have a good meeting, I would like to get some feedback
and thoughts from you on what you would like to see from a joint meeting of
our respective groups.  Should we have a formal presentation style meeting
or should we have a more workshop style?  What topics should we discuss?

Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
--
Carlus Henry
SageTech L.L.C.