[GRLUG] Some advice/comment

Rich Nagel networkman at triton.net
Tue May 6 12:28:50 EDT 2008

It would've been nice to have just let this go as was, but since the
Professor has brought it up again...

You emailed the wrong place for support of a Windows question.  Great -
we've all figured that out.  Additionally, bad attitudes both by the
original poster and some of those responding were also present.  Great - got
that too.

*I* was one of the folks to say that I was NOT running Vista, nor would I
ever CARE TO at this point, and I cheerfully gladly say it AGAIN RIGHT NOW!!
And I'm still primarily a Microsoft Windows user/tech!  Vista just doesn't
offer me anything that I can't already do via the stable and mature product
in XP Pro.  That may not hold true for some, but it does for me.
Additionally, nearly every technician I've spoken to has held a similar view
of Vista, plus it's got problems and shortcomings that far outweigh any of
the negligible benefits; many of these same techs are spending inordinate
amounts of time fixing problems that just don't exist in XP Pro with the
same applications, be they productivity or entertainment related.  Add to
this the fact that Microsoft is practically shoving Vista down our throats
with all new systems and you have the makings for very upset technicians and
support staff, as well as ticked off end-users who can't play their games
and get equally as upset.  One can then easily understand the reason that
some would say, "Hey, check out Linux!"  And I'm quite happy they have,
because it's part of the reason that I'm more seriously looking at it[Linux]
as an alternative.

Although my attitude at first may not have been the best(for the above
reason(s)), I did stil choose to be involved and provide additional links to
resources to assist you with your request.

I'm not following your "joke", but perhaps there is a translation issue
somewhere along the way.. or maybe some dropped packets.

Rich