[GRLUG] Loose AC jack on Dell laptop repair

Justin Popa tehpopa at gmail.com
Sat May 3 20:05:51 EDT 2008

The biggest difference between the $15 or $50 cheapies at RS, and a decent
Weller unit is as follows:

1) Adjustable temperature
2) Swap different tips in and out

That's the biggest advantage. Sure the $50 RS unit is adjustable, but you'll
see that they usually carry only 1-2 styles of tips. On that note as well,
small soldering(thinking surface mount) require far finer tips than the ones
you can get at RS.