[GRLUG] Ati and Nvidia

Joe Vanderstelt thisboyiscrazy+grlug at gmail.com
Thu May 1 11:32:30 EDT 2008

Here is my situation:

I have a Nvidie GeForce 7600 APG card connected to dual monitors.
I also have a Ati PCI card that I would like to connect for 2 more monitors.

Any ideas on the best way to do this or if it possible or even smart.

I have tried congifuring X to use both the nvidia and open source ati
drivers to no real luck. and the nvidia glx does not like the ati
card. I tried using nvidia drier and the vga driver that didn't really
work ether.

I don't card about hardware acceleration on the ati card but i do on
the nvidia card (my main monitors).

Any ideas?