[GRLUG] Need help to stop BSOD

Godwin geektoyz at gmail.com
Thu May 1 00:29:16 EDT 2008

Geesh!  $300+ for a PSU alone Professor?  I can't imagine what the
whole rig cost?  I'd be a little miffed too.  Anyhoot, sorry we can't
(or perhaps choose not to) be of much help with Win BSOD.  As
previously stated, this is a Linux-interest list/group and though
you'd surely find similar interests in the M$ world here (particularly
as it pertains to gaming), perhaps a Windows-interest list/group may
be more apt/willing to help.

No need to leave this list.  Feel free to post Linux/opensource
questions at will.  They're all welcome!

cheers,
G-

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 6:24 PM, Greg Folkert <greg at gregfolkert.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-04-30 at 13:05 -0400, Professor Inuyasha wrote:
>  > it is legal vista, I did report and I updated driver, still same issue
>  >
>  > On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 1:03 PM, Rich Nagel <networkman at triton.net> wrote:
>  > > Have you reported any of these problems to Microsoft yet?  It is a legal
>  > > Vista right?
>  > >
>  > > Rich
>
>  Well, to be honest even legal means nothing.
>
>  There have been wide spread problem with the ICH9 and other Sound
>  Systems due to the "DRM" protected and chained outputs. This is by
>  design. There are some sound chipsets that either can't or won't be able
>  to keep up with FULL 9.1 Surround sound output from games, turn down you
>  output to "plain stereo" or something like that. It should help.
>
>  The ACPI thing is well know to typically be a motherboard firmware
>  problem, even in the Linux world.
>

> --
>  greg at gregfolkert.net
>  PGP key 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
>  Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0  2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C
>  Alternate Fingerprint: 09F9 1102 9D74  E35B D841 56C5 6356 88C0
>  Alternate Fingerprint: 455F E104 22CA  29C4 933F 9505 2B79 2AB2

Ubber::Geek
http://grlug.org/