[GRLUG] does anyone see this as a worrisome security issue?

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 13:42:20 EDT 2008

On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 1:30 PM, Steve Romanow <slestak989 at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://blogs.ubuntu-nl.org/dennis/2008/03/22/user-management-tricks/
>  (The second part of the above link, not the launchpad content.)

I think it's pretty cool.  It simplifies a task I've done quite a
number of times.  The only concern I'd have is if someone were to
replace the script on the server with a malicious version. (So it's
probably better if you keep your own copy on a web server only you
have access to.)

>  I guess if you have physical access, no machine is safe.

This has been the rule for years.

>  I guess I really do need to consider encryption.

I have no opinion on disk encryption.  It wouldn't protect me from the
threats I would be worried about.