[GRLUG] Free DELL with several VIRUS'

Topher topher at wcsg.org
Tue Mar 18 10:19:51 EDT 2008

> I received a Free DELL with Several VIRUS' and am planning on loading
> Ubuntu. If I just do the install will it get rid of everything on the
> drive (like the virus and M/S), or is there something I should do before
> the install?

When doing the install it'll ask you to partition it, and it'll use fdisk.
If you install on the entire disk, and don't dual boot, it'll completely
wipe all the MS stuff off there.

It's *possible* you could have a BIOS virus, but that's another issue
altogether.

Topher
Manager of Internet Services
Cornerstone University Radio

------
you know... whenever I get frustrated with Linux I just play with xsnow. that little program gives so much joy :)
     - Bryan VanHaitsma