[GRLUG] Some Viruses Come Pre-Installed

john-thomas richards jtr at jrichards.org
Fri Mar 14 13:56:35 EDT 2008

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 01:27:09PM -0400, Casey DuBois wrote:
> Am I correct in assuming that MOST of these virus' would not affect Linux systems?

How could they?  In order to do something bad, a virus must be
executable.  In order to be executable a virus must be copied to the
Linux box and made executable (chmod) and then *executed*.  Connecting
a device to a Linux box is not going to do this, is it?  I do not know
of a means to do this automatically.  Then again, I do not often ponder
virus creation, either.
--
john-thomas
------