[GRLUG] disaster recovery plan examples

Nathan ndrier at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 12:02:34 EDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 10:28 AM, Tim Schmidt <timschmidt at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 10:57 AM, MailToNick <mailtonick at gmail.com> wrote:
>  > Paul,
>  > Our management would object, for security reasons,  to having such a plan
>  > posted online.
>
>  Blech.  Like locks, disaster recovery plans should be strong enough to
>  stand up to public scrutiny, and show improvement for it.
>
>  --tim

NIST has a good outline for building DR plans,  they even include some examples.

http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/nistpubs/800-34/sp800-34.pdf

The hard part about finding 'sample' DR plans is that they include
very sensitive information,  and they are usually very specific to a
individual businesses needs.  That said,  a good DR plan is a very,
very important thing to have and can make all the difference when you
need it.

Nate