[GRLUG] wireless problem

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 20:53:24 EDT 2008

On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at 7:41 PM, dennis nielsen <dnielsen0007 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a beat up old Dell inspirion 3800 that I have installed SimplyMepis
> 6.5 on. It works fine and have a wired DSL connection, but have been unable
> to get my DLink Airplus G wireless card (DWL G630) to connect.
>
> I am ready to try another linux distro. Any suggestions?

I'm happy to plug Ubuntu; Their network configuration UI supports
wireless fairly decently.

That's assuming it's a wifi configuration issue, though.  Remember
that wireless card manufacturers often change chipsets with few (if
any) outward clues to which chipset the card uses.  What do you get if
you run lspci on the command line?