[GRLUG] Linux SOS

John Harig radiodurans at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 9 01:32:31 EST 2008

They want windows back?  Have them install X.Org which
provides open source implementation of the X Window
System (windowing). . . I don't run Fedora, but like
other linux distros, im sure it can generate many
windows.

Here is an unofficial guide to fedora:

http://www.fedoraguide.info/index.php/Main_Page

If this is a data recovery issue try a linux based
rescue disk like:

http://www.sysresccd.org/Main_Page

However, I wouldnt recommend this person use that disk
unassisted if he didnt backup his data.