[GRLUG] IBM NetVista not booting graphical environment - UPDATE

George (Skip) VerDuin verduin at ameritech.net
Thu Mar 6 17:27:07 EST 2008

As a "long shot" on this thread:

On Thu, 2008-03-06 at 15:50 -0500, Steve Romanow wrote:
> john-thomas richards wrote:

> I check with my friend that i knew was using a dual p3 rig and he's not
> ready to part with it.  ;)
Only after you strike out on the P-III option, I have a couple not
expensive socket A server MoBos not now in use.  I have no experience
how XP might load on it...  AT-extended form factor / dual athalon (one
core) chips / 233mhz ECC memory / PCI & PCI-E slots.  The slowest chip
option is around 1.2ghz & pretty cheap, the fastest is 2.13ghz & maybe
$100/pair?

The only value these things might have is to preserve the cases (etc)
you are starting with?  I have them because it has been hard for me to
find suitable mid-tower cases (on the cheap!) over the past few weeks.

Warmest regards from here,
George