[GRLUG] dyndns client on ubuntu

john-thomas richards jtr at jrichards.org
Thu Mar 6 12:05:43 EST 2008

On Thu, Mar 06, 2008 at 11:49:40AM -0500, Steve Romanow wrote:
> Anyone using dyndns with comcast?  I have been using a virtual host for
> years and have never had any issue.  Since purchasing a new linksys
> router (that has a dyndns client on it), it never updates correctly.
>
> I then installed the ubuntu ddclient (going from memory, I cannot access
> my server bc of the cursed problem), and it sends my local private ip up
> to dyndns.
>
> Whats the best practice now for using dyndns?

I have used DynDNS for the past few years with Comcast.  I have a
Linksys router (Vonage) that for a long time would not update
automatically.  I would manually update when I received a warning email
from DynDNS.  I wish I could tell you how I fixed it, but I stopped
receiving those emails; the router seems to be updating automatically.
I am not sure why.
--
john-thomas
------