[GRLUG] Kernel help

Jeff DeFouw jeffd at i2k.com
Tue Jun 3 11:42:20 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 03, 2008 at 09:34:33AM -0400, Colin Vallance wrote:
> If I already have a working kernel on the flash drive, doesn't that
> negate grub or my bios being an issue?  Is there something in the
> actual compilation of the kernel that I have to take in to
> consideration?

Depending on what's broken, it may be that the kernel used to be in an
earlier section of the flash drive, and (part of) the kernel was saved
to a different area when you copied the new one over.  The kernel code
isn't involved at this stage, so I don't think there's anything you can
do in the kernel compile.  Grub is saying that it can't read the (whole)
kernel file because it can't make a request for the sectors containing
the file.

--
Jeff DeFouw <jeffd at i2k.com>