[GRLUG] Freebies & Server OS question

Adam M. Erickson erickson.adam.m at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 13:25:58 EDT 2008

I started out using Debian, Ubuntu was the first system that I really
liked. I tried openSuse 11. They do have better gui LAPD
administration.You can choose KDE4, KDE3, and Gnome right from
install. Guess it doesn't matter if you're going to use it for a
dedicated server w/ command line only.

> because RedHat's LDAP support and packages are really bad;  for a
> directory-centric (LDAP) server then openSUSE is a better choise.

 I agree with Adam's suggestion.
When you have time look up Ubuntu servers. Shuttleworth's teams and
community documentation are doing a good job I think. I'm running a
small LAMP on one.

--
Regards,

Adam M. Erickson
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.
-Isaac Newton"