[GRLUG] February meeting? Tuesday February 12, 6-8pm

Benjamin Flanders flanderb at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 15:02:51 EST 2008

Here is a list of topics I would like to see, just not this next
meeting because I can't make it :)

-e-mail/calendering solutions:  I remember some talk at the last
meeting (negative reviews of zimbra, which I was going to look at)
-Media Center type of use:
    -MythTV DVR and alternatives
    -Just a media front end without the DVR
    -Hardware - small and fanless possible
-Virtualization
-Highlight favorite programs that we might not have noticed before
-Highlight different/unusual uses of programs that we might all know
-How to transition to linux from windows/mac
-Programs that help in the support of users (remote desktop stuff most likely)
-Advanced use of OpenOffice.org
-MS Access replacements
-Advanced Bash techniques
-Long term project of Linux-From-Scratch, bring in a computer and do
each step together.

On Jan 31, 2008 11:58 AM, Casey DuBois <cdubois at n-vint.com> wrote:
> I'm planning on a February meeting, how about Tuesday Feb 12, 6-8pm?
> Topic has not been decided yet so please make suggestions.
>
> Casey

 So are we having a meeting in February, then? :-)

> Are we looking for presentation topics?
>
> --
> :wq

Share and Enjoy