[GRLUG] Dual Monitor - Control Display

Bill Creswell billcreswell at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 20:32:35 EST 2008

On 1/8/08, Michael Mol <mikemol at gmail.com> wrote:

> You could take a tiling window manager like wmii or ion3, and use its
> configuration file to spawn browsers on each screen.  I don't know
> that Firefox would work, though; You'd need a browser that would spawn
> a second window when the command is run twice.  Of course, nothing
> prevents you from runing Firefox on one screen, and any other
> Gecko-based browser (e.g. Galeon) on the other.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiling_window_manager

Perfect! That's the start I need!

You're likely going to need to fiddle with the X configuration,
> though, in order to predict which screen goes on which monitor.  Have
> you given much thought to input devices?  Or is that not a factor?

In this case, I am going for a simple showtime display - imitating the
"translight" style of movie
showtimes that theatres use.
Like Rivertown had before C!C took over. I am just building a db-driven web
page to display title art with showtimes, to make a more
attractive display.

--
http://billcreswell.wordpress.com
http://billcreswell.com