[GRLUG] ohloh - open source app site I was discussing

Steve Romanow slestak989 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 14:04:41 EST 2008

George (Skip) VerDuin wrote:
> First impression with "popularity" measure : interesting.
>   Firefox is twice as popular as linux kernal
>   Subversion [PUT stuff in] is more popular than Apache [PRESENT stuff]
>   LAMP tools are 3 of the top 5

Well, both ff and apache are cross platform, so there are win32 users
that love ff.

Only us foss users will give attribution to the kernel.

The popularity count I think is based on how many people "stack" it. I
only included python, trac, and subversion in my stack, even though I
apprecaite and use many more libraries and tools.

Dude, I've got a Dellbuntu on order ;)