[GRLUG] live cd on vista?

Topher topher at wcsg.org
Sun Feb 17 10:55:29 EST 2008

>> I've used a live cd to salvage data from a currupted XP drive many
>> times, but now that Vista is more popular my friends are asking me to
>> save THOSE too.

For the record, Ubuntu Feisty couldn't start X, and Knoppix 4 couldn't
find the hard drive.  Knoppix 5.1 did everything perfectly.

Mostly unrelated, I've typically used live cds to scrape data off of old
dead machines, which are typically pretty slow.  Knoppix was REALLY snappy
on a high end 64bit proc with 2G of ram.