[GRLUG] Printing HTML emails from the command line

Steve Romanow slestak989 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 22:59:26 EST 2008

Michael Mol wrote:
> My grandmother has an email account, but doesn't use the computer to
> check it. Instead, she wants me to.  I'd like to set up a cron script
> to automatically POP her email, and then print it out.
>
> fetchmail is an obvious tool for grabbing the mail, but I'm at a loss
> for ideas on programs that can print HTML emails from the
> command-line.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions?

sth like this might be a start.

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2004-June/265272.html

maybe you can install spamassassin, and then check the headers and dont
print any that are of suspicious nature.

or

fetchmail to procmail to lp

http://userpages.umbc.edu/~ian/procmail.html

wow, umbc, used to live right next door.  ;)