[GRLUG] Self introduction and plea

George (Skip) VerDuin verduin at ameritech.net
Sun Feb 10 21:28:51 EST 2008

Wwwwow Faeren - that was quick:-)

On Sun, 2008-02-10 at 21:13 -0500, Faeren Madza wrote:
> Hello Skip,
>>SNIP<<
> Anyway, I booted up a rescue disc and changed the references of
> /dev/hda to /dev/sda in a couple of spots in /etc and /boot. After
> that, most things worked fine, but like with yours, several things are
> wonky. In my situation though, it's pretty simple, I know all the
> things that are failing are failing because of hard-coded references
> to /dev/hda*
The one thing I see like this is the nic array has been redefined by new
hardware / and the failures all have network in them.  I've been down
the configuration road to remove the old hardware references and
preserve (config) the new.  I must have done it wrong...

NIC remains an open topic and tomorrow (after the rest part) I'll
revisit routing stuff:-(

> Perhaps you can look for similar wrong hardware references?
>
> HTH.
>

> Faeren.

Thanks for reaffirming the hard-wired thing.
It's great to hear of your success doing something similar.

Warmest regards from here,
George