[GRLUG] Knoppix with mouse problems?

Lee Forest lee8oi at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 14:20:27 EST 2008

a 166mhz processor would definitly be testing the lower limits of
linux. If I was using a computer that old. I'd try going with a distro
along the lines of Damn Small Linux, or Puppy Linux. TinyME 2008.1
droplet was awsome on mysystem, but the repositories are in sore need
of updating(based on PClinuxOS which hasn't been very productive)
Course that comes from my distro hopping experiences(I know some are
against that, but how do you really get a feel for your ideal distro
if you don't try a few?). The first two distro's especially seem to do
pretty well on older systems, and they claim to be able to run on
systems with 486 processors. And I've never had any mouse problems
with either of them. their hardware support is as good as any other
linux can be. As for having problems with running linux on any modern
computer I do agree with trying other distros. if you insist on red
hat based ones theres still more alternatives, like CentOS, and berry.
I browse distrowatch at least a couple times a week checking out the
latest releases of linux. And I always find myself in favor of the
Debian based distros for many reasons. A big one being that I've seen
more applications available in deb, then rpm. Course rpm based distros
seem to be oriented in more commerical directions, and debian being
more for the general user.