[GRLUG] new Comcast mail blocking?

Bruce Smith blubdog at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 11:57:07 EST 2008

>>> AT&T's bandwidth limits (currently being tested in Reno, NV) are
>>>
>>> 768kbps plan - 20GB/mo
>>> 1.5Mbps - 40GB/mo
>>> 3Mbps - 60GB/mo
>>> 6Mbps - 80GB/mo
>>> 10Mbps or U-Verse - 150GB/mo
>>>
>>> There is a proposed $1/GB overage charge, with a 1-time waiver of the
>>> overage if you go over.  You can verify these numbers if you're an AT&T
>>> customer by going to http://broadband-usage.att.com and logging in with
>>> your AT&T account into and checking the FAQs. They don't appear to have
>>> your usage stats available for the GR area currently.
>>>

>> If I already getting warned at 250GB/month... I'd be banned in a
>> heartbeat on Uverse.
>>
> I could never use Uverse with those numbers

How does someone who's never been warned know their numbers?

I've never been warned, and I have no clue how much bandwidth I use.
I've never seen my bandwidth usage on my bill, and I'm not aware of
any web page that shows my current usage (I'm a Charter customer).  Do
any ISP's supply that info for "normal" (never warned) users?

 - BS