[GRLUG] new Comcast mail blocking?

Olding, Jim JOlding at gaineycorp.com
Tue Dec 16 11:03:59 EST 2008

--- quote ---
how bad are the limits? Given the ease in which one can burn bandwidth
and that it does cost the provider, I think it was only a matter time
before they put them in (not that I'm supporting limits). Are you locked
in to Uverse (contract)?
--- /quote ---

AT&T's bandwidth limits (currently being tested in Reno, NV) are

768kbps plan - 20GB/mo
1.5Mbps - 40GB/mo
3Mbps - 60GB/mo
6Mbps - 80GB/mo
10Mbps or U-Verse - 150GB/mo

There is a proposed $1/GB overage charge, with a 1-time waiver of the
overage if you go over.  You can verify these numbers if you're an AT&T
customer by going to http://broadband-usage.att.com and logging in with
your AT&T account into and checking the FAQs. They don't appear to have
your usage stats available for the GR area currently.