[GRLUG] new Comcast mail blocking?

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 11:11:00 EST 2008

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 11:00 AM, Greg Folkert <greg at gregfolkert.net> wrote:
> Just so you all know, I've been warned twice now (by Comcast) about
> getting close to limits (250GB/month) and I've haven't done anything
> except work related.

It's nice they give out warnings, now.  I've got a friend who was
ejected from Comcast before they published their limits.  His Internet
connection went down, he called, was told he was abusing his service
and that he had to cut back.  They wouldn't tell him how far he had to
cut back, so he reduced his utilization by a third.  A month later,
his connection went down again, he called, and was told he was
blacklisted from using Comcast for a year.  To top it off, his father
(the primary on the account) called to get clarification on what was
going on, and was thoroughly cursed at by the guy from Comcast's abuse
department.

My friend's family didn't just lose the $80/mo internet access plan,
they went on to switch all $150/mo or so worth of goodies over to
other providers.