[GRLUG] Virtual OS in Linux

Adam M. Erickson adam at openfad.com
Tue Dec 9 11:42:09 EST 2008

> Heck, I've never forgiven you for the RTF you sent to the list... but I
> digress.

That was my very first post to any mailing list ever in my entire
life. Please forgive me just this once.....

>     1. Virtual Box (Free)
>     2. KEMU (Free)
>     3. KVM (Free)
>     4. OpenVZ (Free)
>     5. XEN (currently developing a Grid based on Xen 32-bit host OS,
>        hosting 64-bit OS guest)
>     6. VMware Server (free version 1.0.x) for a setup of a cluster of
>        webservers (32-bit OS and webservers)(also Free without support)

Thank you for the list Greg, I need to start using 6 again. I was
aware of XEN and the PAE kernel but that is about it. 2, 3, and 4 I
will have to try out. I do not know about 2 and 3 I usually try to
stay away from most software that starts with a K. The only thing I
could Google on KEMU was [King Edward Medical University].

Regards,

Adam M. Erickson
ae at openfad.com
"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep
moving" - Albert Einstein