[GRLUG] FYI Linux Red Flag News Release

Tim Schmidt timschmidt at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 17:35:08 EST 2008

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 4:28 PM, Brad De Vries <devriesbj at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2) Have you considered relinquishing your US citizenship and becoming
> a citizen of China?

I've certainly considered relinquishing my US citizenship...  if
nothing else to legally stop funding our constant warmaking with my
taxes.

Unfortunately, there don't appear to be any great options.  English
speaking countries are out, for the aforementioned reasons.  The
Scandinavian countries appear decent, but it's tough to permanently
emigrate.  Much of the Caribbean appears OK from a legal standpoint,
but such tiny countries are in no position to resist intimidation from
their nearest superpower.  Coupled with single-industry economies,
rampant poverty, and disastrous weather, and it's not a great
combination.

Suggestions?