[GRLUG] ISP Review

Ben Rousch brousch at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 09:55:41 EST 2008

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 9:40 AM, Aaron M. Brummitt <abrummitt at gmail.com>wrote:

> Currently with, and unhappy with Choice One/One Communications.
> Latency consistency is awful with ping rates ranging from 60ms to
> 600ms+ and that is only to One Comm's tier one peer (GLBX) - the range
> gets worse to the endpoint.  Support with One Comm is friendly but
> that is about it.  The link is doubly leased so any time there is any
> issue, One Comm has to call TDS who has to call AT&T - it's a mess and
> the unfortunately the contract was signed before my time and without a
> SLA.

I am also unhappy with One Communications (formerly ChoiceOne). They bungled
our switch-over to PRI for voice and we were without phones for 3 days with
no compensation. Although the data connection has been good, their salesman
was dishonest, left soon after our contract was signed, and his replacement
has not been much better. Stay away from One Communications.