[GRLUG] ISP Review

Paul Kortman paulk at teamddm.com
Wed Dec 3 15:52:45 EST 2008

Hello Lugers,

This is not a Linux specific discussion but applies to those of us
involved in Systems/Network Administration in GR. My apologies if you
are upset that I'm posting this here, I value the opinion and experience
of the SysAdmins represented here, even though not all GRLUG members are
SysAdmins.

Anyways, onto the topic at hand:

I'm contemplating a switch to a different ISP for my business. We're
talking T1s not Fiber or DSL/Cable.

Wondering what - if any - experience you have had with the following
companies:
Iserv
ISG
TDS
AT&T (yes they own all the lines, but what about them as the actual
provider)
Trivalent
USSignal
Others?

My experience:
Iserv - quality service, quick break to fix response, low latency,
fewest hops to my end user through their network
ISG - slow service, acceptable latency, most hops to my end user through
their network
TDS - dirt cheap (considering going this route, concerned about network
quality/service and customer service.)

Thanks for your help

-Paul