[GRLUG] OFF TOPIC Electric Car

David Pembrook david at pembrook.net
Mon Dec 1 16:35:13 EST 2008

Collin Kidder wrote:
> I'm starting to think that I've scared everyone away by saying that it's
> a 5-15k proposition. Heck, it can range into the 30's if you want
> lithium ion cells and ultra caps.
Another thought would be an urban only car. If I have 2 cars and neither
are driven far, I could have one that is limited in range and not care
at all.

I keep look at the humble golf cart. It doesn't go that fast (doesn't
need to). Take the concept,  widen and lengthen the chassis, enclose
with a fiberglass body. Add a gear box so we can hit 45. Of course the
biggest problem would probably be making something like that street legal.