[GRLUG] pgsql - tsearch

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Mon Dec 1 14:35:58 EST 2008

On Mon, 2008-12-01 at 14:24 -0500, Ben DeMott wrote:
> Anyone have experience with Postgres SQL and using full text indexing
> with tsearch?

Yes,  since it is built into 8.3;  we upgraded our log server to 8.3.
All our systems log via syslog or syslog-ng to a PostgreSQL instance.
That turns into allot of data pretty quickly.

> Does anyone have experience with clustering Postgres Servers?

No.

> P.S. -
> Please no "Just use oracle", "Postgres is an Oracle clone", comments.

It is?  PostgreSQL is an Informix clone!  They both descend from Ingres.
So maybe Informix is a PostgreSQL clone?   Eh, whatever.  Most of that
we-made-x-first stuff is crap.