[GRLUG] google enterprise for email

Adam Tauno Williams adamtaunowilliams at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 15:03:41 EDT 2008

> I host our own email server here at work and it's a royal PITA dealing
> with spamassassin when users can't get or send email to customers or
> vendors.

Then just don't.  Your getting basically zero win for the effort of
installing and hosting spamassassin (it is a huge solution in search of
a problem).   We host our own e-mail, and have not intentions of
out-sourcing,  but we just use basic RBLs and greylisting and the level
of SPAM is extremely low.  People mke the problem of SPAM much too
complicated.

> What do you mean by they don't support evolution that well?

My only problems using my personal G-Mail account is that (a) folder's
don't work worth a hoot and (b) the service is intermittently
unavailable.